Wednesday, June 27, 2007

News - Local

On the local scene, Orland is embroiled in a political storm. A recall of the City Council is imminent, complete with YouTube videos of the council meetings being posted on-line. What I find funny is the fact that with over 30 videos posted, there isn’t one single comment on that page. Probably because there aren’t more than half a dozen people in town that even know that YouTube exists.

The other big news for Orland is the coming of a new Kragen Auto parts store… the NAPA store is in serious trouble now!

Through the years, I have always heard women complaining about the attitude of the clerks in auto parts stores. And I used to chuckle about it… After all, I knew what I was doing when I walked into the store. I knew the language of the parts store. When I used to shop at Sunray auto parts in Redondo Beach, it wasn’t really shopping, it was more like going to a private club that I was a member of. But… no more. Now I’m thoroughly baffled by the clerks and they know it. (Will Kragen be different? I doubt it.) Today’s automobiles require knowledge that I simply don’t have anymore. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:26 AM

    Today's automobiles may require knowledge above and beyond what was required before, but being an employee (or associate as they are known)of an auto parts store requires no such knowledge. Kragen will be like all other retail stores that pay lousy. You will get the guy that will work for minimum wages and nothing will be expected of him in the way of customer service, so he will give nothing. I can't stand to go into our Checker stores around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:50 AM

    And isn't it weird that more businesses don't look at the In-n-Out Burger business model. True, they have good burgers, but that's not the reason for their success. They pay their employees more and expect those employees to serve...with a smile! If they can't handle that, they are swiftly returned to their previous Burger King career.

    ReplyDelete