Saturday, July 14, 2007

More Odds and Ends

Another interesting day ahead of us. Today, and tomorrow, we will be the swim instructors for the twins. The regular class will begin again on Monday. Luckily, for us, the twins are never reluctant to get in the water, so there is a good chance we can make some progress over the weekend.

News: Odd, but the Antelope Complex fire is now ‘old’ news. I can rarely find any updates on it. I guess that’s a good thing.

Oops! There she is. Ms. Abby is awake. Followed a minute later by Steven…I have convinced them to return to their room and collect a blanket and pillow. Now they are laying on the floor here in the study. How long will that last? My guess is that by 6 they will have had enough of that and will want, no, demand more attention.

Besides the swimming, which is a given, I have plenty of other things to do today. The remodel of the Senior Thrift Store continues and I need more paint on Karlee’s step stool. Plus I have to clean up the compost pile and mow the orchard once again.

I was working on trimming some of the squash plants that were spilling out of the compost pile and I was quickly reminded of how that plant protects itself against intruders. I had to hurry back inside and wash my hands, arms and legs where I had come into contact with the leaves. The itching is terrible! This morning I can still feel it on my fingers despite the soap and water.

I knew it…lots of giggles are coming from the pile of blankets and pillows behind me. It won’t be much longer and they will be up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment