Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Photomania

I can’t seem to get going this morning. My thoughts are all jumbled up, as usual, and not coherent enough for publication. Perhaps a third cup of coffee will help?

But, I did find the camouflage photos on the internet and that was a good discovery and I have saved them. I seem to remember seeing some old photos just like that in mom’s collection, a very long time ago. But they must have disappeared along the way, as Kitty and I went through all the boxes of photos and I never saw them.

I suppose most families have their ‘valuable’ photographs stored much like we do; in cardboard boxes. There they sit; silently accusing me of sloth, with no index and no order to them. I think we have 4 large boxes, plus half a dozen albums that represent times when I tried to make some sense of the collection. Even those have pages with photos out of order and without dates.

Now, with the advanced technology available, my digital photos are in much better shape, sorted by subject and in the appropriate folders. True, I do have a folder titled ‘miscellaneous’ and it has grown to quite a large size. Embarrassingly large. But, even without a proper folder, a simple right-click will give me the date that the photo was taken. Love that technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment