Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Pop!

My Outlook calendar is nagging me this morning; telling me that there are only 2 hours left before I have to go up to the main canal, open the gate and start the flood irrigation. At this date, it will still be light enough to spot the spider webs and the gopher holes. Another month and I will have to use a flashlight for this chore.

I was looking through the latest Cabela’s catalog the other day and spotted the ‘metal detectors’. I’ve always been fascinated by them for years but haven’t succumbed to that fascination and actually used or bought one. How cool would that be? Finding buried treasure! I know…finding junk is probably the most common use for them. But, the thought just occurred to me; I bet someone has a blog about metal detectors and I might get a realistic evaluation by reading it…

OK, I read the blog. A blog. And there was an awful lot of excitement over the discovery of pennies, nickels and dimes. Plus a bunch of pop tops. Remember pop tops? But…there were some nice pieces of jewelry. A few. Maybe I could find a new earring? I should look at Craigslist and see what they have in the way of used detectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment