Friday, August 24, 2007

Woes

I am sore this morning. Lots of aches and pains once again. Moving the couch? Possibly. And it’s hard to get my mind in action. I’ve read the internet news for the past hour but haven’t found anything that really stimulates the brain. It’s all been predictable news. Yes, Bush has wandered far from the truth once again as he brings up our Vietnam experience in relation to Iraq. He doesn’t twist history to validate his opinions; he simply makes it up as he goes along.

Unfortunately, the majority of US citizens weren’t around during the war in Vietnam (1950 – 1975) and for those that were alive during this time, they are either too young or too old to remember the headline stories. And the lies.

Well, it’s still early. Maybe there will be a change in the news during the first part of the morning and I can become a little more interested in it. And since it’s Friday, I will be going to Chico to enjoy a cup of coffee at Cal Java while I read stories from the ‘alternative press’. That usually gets my mind in gear.

That last paragraph tells you that I’m a creature of habit. Darn! I’m always an advocate of change but I do love the comfort of old habits. I guess it’s an aging thing. So that means that I need to be aware of it and avoid falling into those habits. This morning I will have a cappuccino and not the usual latte. There! That’s a change…

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:37 AM

    Just saw a PBS special on the Sixties http://www.pbs.org/previews/sixties/ and, since I was in High School during the beginning of the war, I didn't realize how we were lied to (by the President) in order to justify getting into the Vietnam debacle. You can buy the DVD from PBS website, but you might be able to get it at your library. Many times they have great DVD's like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. And sometimes you can order them from your library as well.

    And one of the most irritating things I hear these days from the Right Wingnuts, is that we were right to be in Vietnam. That all of the terrible things that happened after we pulled out were because of our failure to pursue the war. No one ever admits that perhaps there would have been a different scenario if we hadn't been involved to begin with.

    And it's happening again with Iraq. If we pull out, there will be a terrible bloodbath...(that is true) but why were we there to begin with? No one likes that answer.

    ReplyDelete