Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pass the ibuprofen!

Darn! I’m not sure what happened but my right leg is out of action. My training walk went well yesterday; all was normal and I did the 4+ miles at a sub 14 minute/mile pace. A good cardio workout. Afterwards, I stopped for a cup of chai at Bellachino’s and sat down to read…outside on the patio. And that may have been my undoing. It was chilly and my knee seemed to stiffen up because of that. When I got up to leave I noticed a slight limp and then it got worse as the day went on. By bedtime, it was downright painful.

It felt pretty good when I woke up and I made it into the kitchen as smoothly as ever, but now it’s bothering me again. So rest is good for it. And as much as I would like to say, ‘Tough it out, Steve!’ and then go for a fast 5K training walk, I really shouldn’t. I’ll take the day off. And lots of ibuprofen.

And I won’t be bored. There are plenty of things to do. Gary and I worked at the Seniors Thrift store yesterday afternoon, finishing up the storage shelving and moving boxes. Our plan was to spend this afternoon cleaning out the last of our temporary work area and converting it to sales. We also put a new roof on the building; paid to have it done. And one of my chores requires me to climb up and see how well they did before we cut the roofers a check. I think I’ll pass on that for today. Level ground is what I need for a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment