Wednesday, October 31, 2007

You've Got Mail!

Somewhat as expected, I didn’t get an instant reply from Lowe’s when I sent them an e-mail of complaint. 24 hours passed. Exactly. And the note I received stated that the Chico store had been notified of the complaint and that they would reply… within 24 hours. I can hardly wait!

And speaking of e-mail. I think it’s time for me to start switching all mail over to my Gmail account. The obvious reason is that Outlook is a terrible memory hog. Second, when this hard drive fails, I don’t want to have to go through the Import hassle of repopulating my folders with the archived mail file and then spend days deleting most of it. And switching to Gmail will allow me to change ISP’s without a serious debate with myself. And last will be the fact that I can then access my mail from any computer.

I know you should be able to access any POP 3 account from Gmail, Yahoo mail or Hotmail; I’ve done it before, many times, but not with Hughes.net. I get an error every time.

And which ISP would I switch to? Satellite (Hughes) is still my only option. But someday there will be a real choice and I want to be able to switch in a hurry. I don’t want to worry about mail accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment