Wednesday, November 21, 2007

No Bugs

Trash day. It used to be irrigation day but that’s over and done with until next year. And today is also the day that the load of firewood arrives. Two cords of almond wood. Which will be dumped in front and which will have to be transported to the back. One wheel barrow load at a time. And we have the chimney sweep coming soon. I think it sounds like winter is almost here. No, I’m not a fan of wood fires; I hate the mess and the fact that you’re tied to feeding the woodstove on a regular basis. Don’t let it go out! But Laurae and the cat love the fire… what can I do?

Apropos of nothing at all… I was using WipeOut a second ago and wondered if I had ever mentioned this great little utility? I’ve been using it for years and on 3 different computers. It let’s you grab the edge of the current window or windows and drag them away briefly to see your desktop. You can configure it to allow 1, 2, 3 or 4 sides of the screen to be dragged (drug?) and you can choose a highlight color (right click) to make the edge easier to see and grab. I know there’s other ways of doing the same thing, but this was always my favorite. I wonder if it’s still available? Ah, there it is… and still the same version number. By the way, it’s bug free.

No comments:

Post a Comment