Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Only Fear Itself

I guess I had forgotten... as an 'unaffiliated voter' I have to decide on a ballot for a specific party if I want to vote on 'partisan' offices in the February primary. (Since any of the candidates might end up representing ALL of the people...I don't see any partisanship here, but that's another story.) So I have a postcard from the County Clerk's office asking if I wish to have a ballot for the American Independent Party or the California Democratic Party? Those are the only two parties that are courting the independent voter. Republicans? What are they afraid of?

I have hopes that someday we will see truly independent voting in this country and political parties will fade away to the obscurity they deserve. Hey! Everyone should dream! Join me and un-join yourself from a political party...

No comments:

Post a Comment