Saturday, November 24, 2007

Normal

The return to normalcy has begun. Our own bed. So comfortable! All of the expected things are in their expected places about the house. And the cat seems to have forgiven us; though she is very clingy this morning. Sitting in my lap and reaching out to grab my wrist when I begin the tap, tap, tap of typing. “Hey! Forget the keyboard. Scratch my head. Rub my belly.”

It’s back to the park for me this morning. I need to get back into marathon training mode. OK, no marathon until next fall, but I do have some 5K’s to walk and possibly the Bidwell ½ marathon. This time of year has always been the most difficult when training. The holidays and the cold weather combine to tempt you to stay inside and snack on tempting desserts.

So it’s off to the park to walk, and then over to the Plant Barn to make sure the heater stayed lit and warmed the Poinsettia House. Then I have to stop at the Chico Library and pick up another load of books for the Friends of the Library here on the Planet Orland. Maybe I can find something to read?

I finished most of my books over the holiday and had hoped to find the Orland library open on Friday, but no such luck. I guess I will get a library card for the Chico Library; after all, I’m over there at least twice a week in my role as book collector for the Friends.

My chore list above reminds me that I should take some photos of the poinsettias for the Plant Barn blog. Poinsettias en masse, are always spectacular and this year, just as the last, some of the grandchildren will be posed among the hundreds of colorful plants as their parents take Christmas card photos.

And more chores. I also have to move 2 cords of dry almond firewood from here to there; a distance of about 40 feet. After that I can contemplate building a fire for us. And for the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment