Friday, November 16, 2007

Will it stay?

I will admit that we didn’t gather around the little television set last night; the one that has an antenna, and watch the debates… “LIVE! From Fabulous Las Vegas!” I like to think that I’m smarter than that. And the prospect of having to listen to Wolf Blitzer for more than 15 minutes was scary! I will get my political wisdom from the written words of the candidates. That and the unscripted moments where an interviewer, maybe even the public, has a chance to ask a probing and difficult question. These debates are ‘made for the media’ moments and are about as valid as yesterday’s newspaper. Think about it; wasn’t Las Vegas the perfect place to hold the debates? Isn’t there a saying, ‘What happens in Vegas… stays in Vegas’? If only!

No comments:

Post a Comment