Monday, April 14, 2008

Payback

I’m looking out the window and I see that the sky is growing light in the east. A good thing, as I have to irrigate again on Wednesday and it’s so much easier when I have enough light and don’t need a flashlight to avoid the obstacles in the path from canal to valve.

I suppose I should mention that I had a great day yesterday. Comparatively speaking. The piriformis pain only flared up a few times and was quickly subdued with some easy horizontal stretches. Having a remedy of any kind has made it all more bearable. I really need to get a good prognosis from the physical therapist. How long will this condition last and will it return easily? How do I avoid it in the future? I certainly want it gone forever, but I will take what I can get for now.

I feel like I’m being overwhelmed with chores now that I’m incapacitated in a big way. There’s a lot to do (it's spring!) and I’m sort of stuck in the house, unable to stand for a long time and finding most chairs to be very uncomfortable. OK, is this why so many elders want to use a pillow to sit on? I’ve been making fun of them for this habit so it would only be fitting that I would suffer from it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment