Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another Cup?

I'm very much a creature of habit, despite my stated desire to always remain open to change. And 50 plus years of drinking coffee in the morning is not a habit easily broken. For the past two weeks I've been drinking tea at this early hour and this morning my body was telling me to open the can of coffee instead. My body whispered, 'just do it.' But I didn't.

Now, with my second cup of tea in hand, I'm viewing all of the familiar websites, looking for inspiration and finding none. Maybe it's time for a change. Or a vacation. Can we afford a vacation? If we can find some free space among all of the various medical appointments, we should try and get in a short road trip. A change of scenery and a break in our routine could do wonders for our wintertime ennui.

Boring statistic: Our 'new' car has close to 7,000 miles on it, it's 7 months old and it's never been past the Butte/Glenn counties borders. Or…did we go to Plumas County once? Whatever. The point being; if I can't even remember where we've been, it's been far too long since we made a trip.

I suppose this sudden desire to plan a road trip could be because the recent epidural injection has made me more comfortable. Will it last long enough for 100 miles? 200? We should try. Now, how far is it to Monterey?

No comments:

Post a Comment