Monday, April 26, 2010

Curses! Foiled again

There's something wrong. I think our family is cursed in some way. No, not a genuine curse delivered by a genuine witch or wizard,; just your ordinary, run of the mill curse. You see, my sister, properly raised in a liberal environment has the terrible 'bad luck' to be living in Arizona at this time. Her husband, daughter, son in law and granddaughter all face this Arizona curse. And as for the rest of the family, we're stuck in California. We're cursed, I tell you! My sister and family have to wake up each morning with the knowledge that Jan Brewer is running the state, while we have to face Arnold Schwarzen-something each day. And both of our states are failures when it comes to education and job creation. We're broke; ruined by the tax cuts for the rich Republicans. Here we sit, waiting for the 'trickle down' promised by the Republicans, a trickle that never seems to make it to our level. Cursed.

I just realized that my sister and family have an additional cross to bear; Senator John McCain. True, I have the burden of Wally but he's only a Representative and can usually be ignored. But how do you ignore McCain; he's flipping faster than a Chinese acrobat. Whatever he was for yesterday he is against it today. But…praise the Lord! The best decision he ever made was to choose Sarah Quittypants to be his running mate. Just imagine him as President. I know…you can't. I tried and I couldn't do it either.

2 comments:

  1. The funniest thing about McCain is now he's claiming he was never a maverick. He's unaware that his maverick commercials will be on Youtube forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's unaware of almost everything. His handlers rarely let him out on his own. Or so it appears. When asked about ordinary events he seems baffled.
    (I have to be careful here and not cross over into 'ageism')

    ReplyDelete