Thursday, August 27, 2020

Thoughts regarding my day...

( This was written. about 3 weeks ago) Yes, I know it has been a long time since my last post. I did some posting on my blog "Working". Still that was brief. I suppose it's the quarantine that has me feeling this way. Depressed. I have depression, or better yet, depression has me, and has for many years. I take a drug for it, Wellbutrin, but it doesn't seem to work as well as it once did. Normally, I enjoy solitude, but now it's just my wife and I rattling around this large house. We are getting along fine with only rare moments of mutual frustration. We have daughters and grandchildren no more than 10 minutes away, but it might as well be a million miles away.  

We started this day with a brisk walk of 0.5 miles. I walked while gripping the handles of my bright red walker while my wife walked slowly behind me. That sounds terrible, I know.  But, she is not being subservient by walking behind me. One, she has a very bad knee that will be replaced as soon as it's safe to do so. Two, the sidewalk is narrow, not allowing two to walk together, if one is using a walker. About 2 weeks ago, I started walking, increasing the length by 100 feet, more or less. My goal is one mile and that will require some exploring of new neighborhoods.

When the quarantine started, I lost my exercise time that I had enjoyed with other members of the Pulmonary Rehab group at the Rehabilitation Center of our local hospital. It didn't take long for me to start losing muscle mass and strength. Depression, and the quarantine, had me sitting all day, doing nothing that was physically demanding. I did spend some time sketching, but nothing came of it. Now I spend my time trying to file all my photos and images. It has been tried before and nothing came of it. One major problem has turned up right away, and that is the duplicates I find. I am using the Photos program that Apple installs on its Mac's and it seems to create these duplicates, triplicates, and quadruplicates. Before I can file an image, I have to erase all the copies. Usually, they are all together and that helps me. As you can imagine, that doesn't leave a lot of time for blogs.

I try to avoid thinking about Trump. Thinking about him and being outraged by every utterance of his will do nothing. Biden has been using the right method, so far, in his campaign. He doesn't answer him. He ignores Trump and that is already infuriating him. Finally, a lot of people are beginning to ignore him. I think that Kamala will be using that same method of dealing with him. I have seen that when Trump loses his temper, he doesn't moderate his thoughts, and then he says things that reveal the real Trump that his staff and cabinet don't want to be seen by his adoring public.      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment