Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Once more unto the breach

 It's just about 6:30 AM and I have my coffee in hand, and I have finished off my cup of Tapioca pudding that I enjoy every morning. Why Tapioca? I don't have a great answer for you, it's simply what I do. Tapioca doesn't have any health benefits that I know of. It's a vital part of Boba Tea but I have never tried that.

It's time to start my exercise routine for the morning. I have been doing that, exercising, for about 7 or 8 weeks now and always adding some time or repetitions to increase the difficulty but I have not seen any big improvements. True, I do have more strength in the mornings, but that strength begins to fade around 2 P.M. Now I have become aware of Peripheral Neuropathy and can add that to my list of health concerns. I am not diabetic so that is not the cause of neuropathy in my case. It doesn't hurt and that is a plus. But it does affect my balance and that is a worry. A big worry!

My memory is another concern for me. I have lost the timeline for most of the events during the past year. I should take the time to create a spreadsheet and a graph of that period. I know that I was in the hospital for a period, but it is a jumble of memories, and I can't get a good handle on it. It is time for a spreadsheet!

I have been reading a lot of science fiction lately and I have found it difficult to find talented authors. Editors are in short supply as well. I used to read Sci-Fi in monthly magazines when I was in my early teens. I would go Stuart's Pharmacy where the store had a great magazine collection and there, I could find Isaac Azimov, Ray Bradbury, Robert Heinlein, plus others whose names are now forgotten. Today's authors seem to write for a pre-teen audience and the editing is simply terrible. But I have found a few professionally written books in the "Hard Science Fiction" category. Brandon Q. Morris is one that I can depend on. Other science fiction authors I like are James Corey, *Joel Shepherd, *Peter Cawdron and others mentioned in my Goodreads pages. I definitely enjoy all of Joel Shepherd's books, but he writes only when he wants to. He promised a new book 'soon' but that was 2 years ago. Since I read often, I have subscribed to Kindle Unlimited which requires a monthly payment of about $11. For more enjoyment when reading "Hard Science Fiction" I would recommend reading any of the free Kindle books on Quantum Mechanics/String Theory or one of Stephen Hawking's books on the same subjects. (Not free) I really wish they had physics classes in high school back in the 1950's. Now, 60 years later, I find the subject fascinating. But 60 years ago, physics was all about e=mc squared and not much else. Particle Entanglement and the possibility of multiple universes weren't even theories at that time, and nobody was thinking of the Large Hadron Collider as a tool to discover more particles.  

More later today... It is later now. I decided to get the shower over with before getting into my exercises. Taking a shower is dangerous and I need all my wits about me before stepping into that ceramic tiled death trap. I. Must. Not. Fall. And I need to take a walk this morning. Doing that will give my feet some exercise and, just perhaps, remedy my neuropathy. 

Okay, the walk has been accomplished. Down to the corner and back.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment