Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Painful but necessary

 I have spent a few hours out in the garage/studio, culling out the unnecessary from the needed. As I don't have a lot longer to spend on this wonderful time on Earth, I decided that there was no need to leave a lot useless items for others to clean up. I have tried to leave as many tools as I can, to my son. I have a ton of artists supplies plus old finished art work. The many small paintings can have a coat of Gesso applied and they become blank and ready for a new artist. My oldest child has found creativity and she paints now. Our middle child has always been creative. Our youngest has been creative as well. My wife had sewn for pleasure until the cost of material drove her away from it. Yes, we are all creative, my sister included. She is a fine artist. 

A week or more ago, I gave away my stained glass hobby. A purpose built table with a lightbox for previewing the color of the glass. I included electric power at each end...I had yards of lead came and solder for the pieces I would use copper foil on. It was time, but I still found it painful to give it away.

My sister is visiting in a few weeks and I hope to talk her into taking some of the artists material. I gave her my glass grinder a few years back, when she was doing mosaic work.

I also gave my son the 3 rifles I had owned. I gave my youngest granddaughter the car that I had abandoned when I gave up my license to drive. It only had 8,000 miles on it so it was still like brand new. Which brings me to the most painful part; giving up my drivers license. I loved driving! After 9/11, I had to drive from my Kansas City office to the West coast and I loved every minute of it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment