Wednesday, May 31, 2023

What am I thinking about?

 That's a good question. And one not easily answered, as my mind is moving from one subject to another all of the time. I had a subject that I was going to record my thoughts about...and then I had 3 more, 5 more, 11 more and on and on. 

I finally thought about the subject of 'Woke'. That is a subject that I am passionate about. But what is it?There is no mention of it in the dictionary except to tell me that the word is the past tense of Wake. It is never used that way and seems to have become a pronoun, or perhaps an adjective? Surely there has to be a better word? 

There probably is a better word somewhere, but the Hard Right Wing Conservative Fascists have grabbed 'Woke' and decided that it made a great Hammer and they have decided to use it on all of the 'nails' that they believe are surrounding them. I was reading an article this morning about Wind Power and Solar Power and how they have become a target of that Hammer. The HRWCF don't believe in Global Warming and as normal for this bunch, they believe it's all part of a plot against them. Did any of them ever go to school?, Graduate? It's hard to believe that any of them did. 

 Critical thinking is sorely lacking these days. That must be the reason for their sudden interest in 'Burning Books'. Burning books is the hallmark of any fascist society. Books beget knowledge, ergo burning them destroys knowledge. Without knowledge, lies and rumours become the 'New and Correct' knowledge...no books are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment