Monday, June 19, 2023

What to do?

 I have a walker. A red one. It is my only method of transportation. But not for long, as I am getting stronger every day. Right now I have adequate walking strength but by 3 PM it starts to fade. I walk outside about 5 times a week and that walk is usually a mile long. Then it's time for an indoor and seated set of exercises (20 minutes) where I try to strengthen the muscles used for standing up and balancing. I do these exercises 6 times a week. At the same time, my voice is improving. 

Sure, I have COPD and that is what I will die from. But that doesn't mean that I'm ready to do that. I have a birthday coming (9/1) and I will be 83 and hoping to make it to 84.

Our granddaughter is staying with us right now as this year she is a coach/counselor at the Ability First camp at Chico State. (https://abilityfirstsports.ohisrg/ ) She has been a camper 3 times before this time. The camp has trasformed her! She is starting her 3rd year on the Women's Adaptive sports (wheelchair) Basketball team at the U of Arizona in Tucson AZ. If you ever donate to an organization, look at Ability First.                


No comments:

Post a Comment