Thursday, July 6, 2023

Of many things

 Just another week, another day. My Extremely Significant Other has gone to the local Winco for some therapeutic shopping. I am going through my exercise routine as I try to keep this failing body from deteriorating any further. I did my usual one mile walk yesterday and I haven't fallen in weeks, even months. I guess that means I am getting better?

As I walk through the neighborhood, I can't help but notice all the RV's, boats and other adult toys that are parked along the route I take. I remember reading that there had been a rush to buy recreational equipment during the long months of Covid isolation. That isolation has disappeared and now many of those toys are sitting parked, lonely, and covered with dust.

We had a scare the other day when our garage became filled with extraordinarily strong fumes. It wasn't gasoline but it smelled as if it were extremely flammable. What was it? We hadn't smelled it earlier in the day. It didn't help matters that it was the hottest day of the four-day heat wave. I opened the smaller garage door while I looked around for the source. My wife told me that there was some sort of liquid puddle on top of the painting I had been working on. I stood back and looked at puddle and saw that it was actually a long line of liquid and when I traced that line I saw that it went to a collection of paint spray cans on a shelf. I looked closer and saw that one of the cans had lost its spray top. It turned out that the sun coming in a nearby window had heated that can until the top blew off. It was a spray gloss finish and had effectively ruined the painting. I wasn't happy with the painting, but I now had a good reason to cover it with Gesso and start over. With the fan running and pushing the fumes out, it wasn't long before the garage was cleared. 

My wife and I are fans of British, Australian and New Zealand television. We really don't care for the American shows and haven't watched any of them in years. In our opinion, the American shows simply don't have the talent for directing, producing, and acting. Some of our favorite shows were Shetland, Happy Valley, Halifax, Endeavor, Grantchester, Mc Donald & Dodd, Good Karma Hospital, Under the Vines, 800 Words, Kidnap and Ransom, Brokenwood Mysteries, A Place to Call Home, and many more. We use headphones while watching and that helps us to understand some of the more complex accents. Shetland and Happy Valley come to mind as being difficult to understand.  

Okay, that's all for now...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment