Friday, July 7, 2023

10 Reps x 3

 It's time to exercise. Again. Sigh.

It's what I do every day...well, maybe five times a week. I try to start early in the AM by taking a long walk. True, I have to use my walker to get it done, still, it is walking and this morning my phone app stated that I had walked 1.5 miles in 30 minutes. That is not how fast I used to walk when I was racewalking a marathon. Back then I was using -13 minute miles for my training pace and then making it my goal for the entire 26.2 mile race. 

After the walk it is time for a 30 minute set of partially seated exercises to exercise my body, from head to toes. I keep hoping that my peripheral neuropathy will benefit from the foot exercises, but nothing so far. I try to do all of this in the cool of the mornings.

Speaking of 'cool', I read a story about Hermosillo in Sonora state in Mexico. The New York times reported that the city of almost a million citzens had been hit with a high temperature of 121+ degrees. Try and imagine what that kind of heat would do to your city. The farms and ranches. The elderly. I had to work for a few weeks in Phoenix, when the temperature was 117. That was probably 50 years ago. We were building out the interior of a Broadway /  Weinstocks' Department Store. 3 floors and no windows while we were putting up steel studs and drywall. After a few days we decided to start work at 4 AM and go back to our apartment at noon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment