Monday, July 17, 2023

When will it end?

Yes, this is all about depression. Like most autistics, I am well acquainted with depression and have been taking Wellbutrin for about 30+ years. No, it doesn't help much (I think) but I don't dare stop taking it because I could be wrong.

Why so depressed? Let me count the ways...Neuropathy, vision, clumsiness, loss of muscle, hearing loss, dentures, loss of ambition, etc, etc.

Vision problems has me needing two different pairs of glasses. Two very large 'floaters' that disrupt my vision. I have hearing aids but when I change glasses the process of changing will pull one or two of the hearing aids out of my ear. The vision problems probably contributes to clumsiness. I use La Croix so that when I spill it or knock it over, it is only water to cleanup. I have been exercising daily for months now and my muscle mass began to increase, lately it has reversed once again. Peripheral Neuropathy affects my balance as I can't feel the floor now. Because I can't balance, I don't dare go outside without someone to  watch over me. I can't suddenly decide that I want to see something outside, I have to schedule it. Dentures are all my fault, as I certainly didn't care for my teeth as I should have. I do use  a'walker', both inside and out. I also have to use a permanent Foley catheter. I can't say it's permanent as my Home Health nurse comes by every six weeks to remove it, and then she installs another one in its place. For brief moment, I am free of it. I also have frequent nose bleeds, although I do use a gel to moisten the lining of my nose. I have little choice for my apparel, I bought some 'Capri' length shorts because they conceal my leg bag. I also have four or five tee-shirts that I wear as I am not motivated to do much else. I forgot to mention that the dentures make speech, understandable speech, very difficult for me.  

The good news...I will have the capillaries in my nose cauterized to stop the bleed. first appointment is 6 weeks from now. Pretty much typical these days as the number of doctors available goes from few to even fewer.

I have to stop writing it's far too depressing...

No comments:

Post a Comment