Thursday, July 13, 2006

Time and Space

Another day has arrived, a Thursday. And I seem to be out of words this morning. Perhaps it’s not that I’m out of words, but I have too many of them and can’t seem to get them arranged in any logical or relevant order. OK, that makes more sense; after all, when have I ever been out of words? Written words?

My personality type, (I’m an INFP according to the Myers-Briggs Type Index) needs silence at times. A time for introspection. And since the written word is far more powerful than the spoken, I need to make certain it reflects exactly what I am trying to say; silently. Ah, if only I were always successful at that…too often, my written words are simply chatter, filling a space.

Here’s some “space filling”; I made a mistake and left my pair of Crocs up in Susanville. Who knew I could be so attached to a pair of ugly shoes? I have had them for a couple of years now and they are not just ugly, they are also splattered with paint and have garden soil deep in their pores. But I miss them. I think I shall look around on the ‘net and see if I can find another pair at a reasonable price. After all, shouldn’t a guy have a good pair, a formal pair of ugly shoes? And what color should they be? Perhaps black or brown for those times when we’re dining out at a nice restaurant. How about church-going Crocs? Lime green seems somewhat irreverent.

No comments:

Post a Comment