Thursday, March 1, 2007

Spam

I have to do something about spam. After going without for years, I saw some of it in my in-box yesterday. Just one, but that was enough. And that was when I remembered that my spam filter, SpamBayes, hadn’t been re-installed correctly a few months ago. It’s a great program, just tricky to install. And you have to spend some time ‘teaching’ it how to recognize spam. But within a week, the program was on its own and doing well. I haven’t seen any spam for at least 3 years, but now it looks like I will have to start over…


If you decide to install it...don't click on the link to a download site. Just right click and "Save Target..." as you see in the attached image. The download site seems buggy and I couldn't get it past my IE security stuff. The fault is probably in IE and not SpamBayes.

No comments:

Post a Comment